Friday, May 14, 2010

How do I stop biting my nails? I want longer nails but I can't stop!! I need to break the habit!?

Simple, but hard work: It just takes constant willpower to stop biting your nails. You need to be aware of each time that you feel like biting your nails, and figure out in that situation something else you can do instead. For example, each time that you feel like biting your nails, take out a nail file and just gently smooth the edge of the nail, and the urge will pass. Also, make sure you are using hand lotion after each time you wash your hands, which will keep your hands and nails moisturized. You should generally keep your nail edges filed smooth, so that there are no little bits that are tempting to start to bite, and there are no rough parts that will snag on things or break off. After a couple of days you will start to see the difference in the health of your nails, and then you just have to keep at it every day. After about 2 months of not biting your nails, that actually becomes your new habit, and you just have to stay on top of those situations where you want to go back to the comfort of the habit of biting and keep dealing with it.How do I stop biting my nails? I want longer nails but I can't stop!! I need to break the habit!?
Start cutting your nails short, and there's also a sort of


nail polish you can buy that's clear,


it has a horrible taste and if you bite your nails it will taste


disgusting, I had the same problem.


It's not too expensive, you can get it at Walgreens for about


3 bucks. Walmart also has it, it's called ';Stop the bite.';











Also, chew gum, having something in your mouth will


give you less of an urge to chew.How do I stop biting my nails? I want longer nails but I can't stop!! I need to break the habit!?
i'm working on stopping biting my nails, too. what i do is use clear nail polish. i think they make some specifically for this that tastes bad, but i just use normal- they feel shiny, and if i put them in my mouth i notice the smoothness and it reminds me not to bite them! if you use a brand designed to strengthen the nails, (i use sally hansen's hard as nails) it also makes them more effort to bite, so that helps too.





good luck!
I have the same habit!! And i hate my nails what worked for me is i would put a rubberband on my arm and everytime i would start chewing i would snap it so it owuld hurt and my nails got pretty long
Paint your nails in a polish that tastes reealy bad. Or you can soak your fingers in nail polish remover. Or find a different habit, like braiding your hair or keep your hands busy.
Put some vinegar, or something really bitter, under your nails. Then, when you bite them and don't like the taste, your brain will get you out of the habit.
Get a knew habit.


Chew gum.
theres this type of nail polish, that has this horrible flavor, you can find it at walmart and anyother place
as u're bitting it, always remember it will never grow and it wont look nice when u're finished. then stop.
Rub some lemon, vinegar or nail polish remover on your nails and that will stop you!!!
use hand sanatizer!!! seriously that stuff tastes sick, but it will also keep your hands clean!! hope i helped!! :]
put lemon juice on ur nails. so if you bite them, it'll taste sour and u wont want to anymore.
they have nail poshe that taste like onions

No comments:

Post a Comment