Friday, May 14, 2010

How long can the HIV AIDS virus survive/live outside the body, say on a nail?

Recently, I cut my palm on a protruding nail in my office. I was told that several other people have also been cut by that particular nail and suddenly a terrible wave of fear engulfed me: what if someone with the disease cut himself on it too? What ifs and thousands of what ifs more have robbed me of peace for a week now.





This is all I know: at least in the immediate half an hour before I cut my palm on that nail, I know no one was cut by it. I was also told that no one has been know to have been cut by it at least in the last one day before I did.





I need to How long can the HIV/AIDS virus survive/live outside the body: (I have sifted through numerous websites and info centers: They say it's life outside the body ranges from mere seconds to two days) I'd be grateful to know what is the exact live-rate of the virus outside the body (or at least what LATEST update on HIV AIDS research say)





Thank you so much for your helpHow long can the HIV AIDS virus survive/live outside the body, say on a nail?
The virus dies seconds after its exposed to air..there's no chace you have it,i understand your fear though because you never know there could be different ways to get HIV/AIDS now a days and its a very scary virus/syndrome..but there's no chance of you contracting it...rest assure and breathe easy,your fine hun: )How long can the HIV AIDS virus survive/live outside the body, say on a nail?
You have no cause for concern. The virus would be dead within seconds in this scenario assuming there ever was virus present. The ';days'; lifespan you may have read about simply doesn't apply in the real world- perhaps under specific condition s in a lab, they might coax an extended lifespan out but in reality it's very fragile once it's outside the specific temperature and humidity of it's host's body fluids.
If the conditions were perfect for survival the virus may live for about 30 hours. On a Peace of steel ( nail) exposed to air and the environmental trash floating in the air you can rest easily. It is far more likely that you would contract tetanus than HIV through this type of contact. So get a tetneus booster and go bend that nail over with a hammer.
Don't stress at all, you have no chance of contracting HIV/AIDs from a cut from a nail. They should repair or get rid of the nail. I would be more concerned about getting lockjaw from picking up bacteria from the nail. Make sure you have had a current Tetanus shot to protect you from possible contamination.
HIV starts to die the second it is exposed to air. So if a half hour had passed there would be no chance of HIV infection.
The virus dies within seconds.
Hiv dies within a second after exposure to air. One drop of blood doesn't make you get infected.
look up flash heating for mothers milk. It has to be hot to kill the virus out of the milk to give to orhan babies.
HIV DIES RIGHT WHEN IT HITS THE AIR

No comments:

Post a Comment