Saturday, January 23, 2010

What is the longest lasting, most durable nail polish/varnish for a swimmer as chlorine wrecks them ALL?

Hello everyone,


I honestly have tried every make of nail polish, including Sally Hansen Diamond strength. The problem is that I go swimming 3 times a week, which is disastrous for any nail varnish. I know it is the prolonged contact with the cold water, and of course the chlorine which is so damaging. Also I do a lot of rock and roll jiving, which is hard going on the nails from my dance partners. My nails are my own, and I don't want false ones. Are the professional salon ranges any better in water?


over 20 years ago Mary Quant made the most incredible top coat, which made ANY polish last for literally weeks on end, without a chip or scratch. The only reason it needed to be re-done was because of too much regrowth. It was made of vinyl and was so pliable, it felt like plastic. This was why it didn't scratch or chip EVER. You could make a dent in it, and rub the dent out again.....absolutely incredible!!! I assume they no longer make varnishes like this because they last forever, which means no profit for the manufacturers.


Thanks for any adviceWhat is the longest lasting, most durable nail polish/varnish for a swimmer as chlorine wrecks them ALL?
i use pure ice! it doesnt come off when i take a shower or go swimming! i hope my answer helped!What is the longest lasting, most durable nail polish/varnish for a swimmer as chlorine wrecks them ALL?
Wearing a base coat, 2 color coats and 2 top coats always helps --Amanda
the N.Y.C. that is glittery... it like doesnt even come off with nail polish remover!!! {tust me}
Hi, well I was given a channel nail polish which lasts a longe time but was very expensive, It cost about 拢15. Also anything glittery usually lasts well especially with and undercoat and overcoat which should stop it from chipping off.


If you go for a really pale colour then a few little chips shouldn't really notice.


I also used barry M which is a good price and lasts quite well but then i don't go swimming often so I'm not sure how well it will last.
I wore Wet'n'Wild in Bijou Blue nail polish for about a week and half with no chipping or fading. I also swam for about an hour 4 days a week. I haven't tried any other colors, but I plan too.





Also, try putting a top clear coat, that may help it.
SeneGence Has a Long-Lasting Nail color system. I tested it last week at the sandy beach and it STAYED!


If you don't mind spending $54 for your base, color and top coat, its WELL worth it!
I put on clear nail polish (doesn't matter which brand) and then Dior nail polish, and then clear nail polish again.


It lasts longer :)
I use Barry M nailpolish and that lasted for all of my holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment