Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cockatiel nails still long and they have new chicks now.?

I was unable to cut my tiels nails properly so they are still long. Their first chick hatched yesterday. I'm worried that the parents might walk over the babies and cut them with their nails. What now? Should I worry? Can I also serve Quackers instand oats? It's hard to find whole wheat bread in Taiwan. What can I do?


They still don't eat the hard boiled egg yolk. I give a fresh one every 2 days. Should I mix it with something? Is it very important for them?Cockatiel nails still long and they have new chicks now.?
Don't worry about the claws cockatiels are usually very gentle with their babies. My birds won't eat egg either. I just answered your last question, go to that and the site I suggested for a whole list of good food for cockatiels. www.cockatielcottage.netCockatiel nails still long and they have new chicks now.?
The previous answerer said she already answered the food question, but here's my input if you want it: Feed your birds BIRD food. If you can't get quality bird food from a popular pet food distributor in Taiwan, try feeding your 'tiels seeds from flowers or something you bring in from outside that is COMPLETELY natural (In other words, any fruit or seed that you can walk outside your home and pick right off of a wild plant, and also a wild plant that has NOT been treated with weedkillers/herbicides). Only feed them wild food if you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT get them store-bought food and they are IN DANGER of starvation.





Good Luck with your feathered friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment