Friday, January 15, 2010

Why do my fingernails turn yellow if I wear nail polish for longer than a week?

the dye makes it do that....try soaking your nails in lemon juice next time it happensWhy do my fingernails turn yellow if I wear nail polish for longer than a week?
I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!!!


it's because you aren't wearing a base coat probably.. that's why it happened to me.. so to try and make it better i had to use only clear polish for a few months and now they're finally getting normal color.


also.. i read in april's (2007) Glamour that if you brush your nails with a tooth brush and tooth paste it will lighten your nails a little bit. good luck. i hate this pesky problem!Why do my fingernails turn yellow if I wear nail polish for longer than a week?
because your nails are being deprived of oxygen. it's totally true. your nails are porous, like your skin, and they grow because they are alive, so coating them in a seal of varnish for a week deprives them of oxygen and they turn yellow. take all polish, even clear off, for like a week or two then go back again. give your nails a break and you'll be good.
no i dont think so, but it depends on the color
probably depends on what brand you use!





probably if you use more of the good brands like Chanel or Loreal (if there is such kind).





Hope this helps! :)
Because of the pigment in dark nail polish i. It tends to seep into ridges and etc. What you can do to try to avoid this is to apply a base coat of clear nail polish then apply nail polish and then a top coat (to protect from some enviromental reasons like UV light)or you can take off the nail polish after 2 days. You can get rid of yellowing with rubbing lemon into your nails, you can also try a whitening toothpaste and wearing gloves when preforming household chores too.
They turn yellow because the dyes in the polish are staining your nails. If you aren't using a base coat, start. If you're already using a base coat, try using two coats. Some polishes will still end up bleeding through, but I've found that even the really dark, blood-red ones won't stain very much if you use two coats of a really good base coat.
buy more expensive polish..the cheaper stuff has formaldahyde (i am sure my spelling is off) and that causes yellowing....try OPI brand polish or polish you get from the beauty supply store, not the drug store
Put down a basecoat first (you can get a basecoat at any drugstore or at stores like Wal-mart). The yellow is from the base colors in the polish---it stains your nails . Not only will a basecoat keep the polish from staining your nails, it will also hold the polish on longer.
The nail polish you are using is not good for your fingernails. Buy a more expensive kind. This happened to me last week and I am waiting for my nail to grow out so the yellow can disappear. Good luck!
Polish isn't really all that healthy for you nails. I suggest wearing it for 3-5 days and then wait about 2 days before applying it again.
It's definitely the type of polish you use. The cheaper the polish the more it irritates your nails.





Try using a base clear coat first. Like some Sally Hansen's Strong Nails. This will it will toughen your nails and protect them from the polish. Then you should be able to use whatever type you want--no matter the cost.





I have this same problem with toe nail polish. I usually leave it on until it completely grows out and then I'll paint them again. A couple of times I've actually taken it off and I do not like what I see underneath.
Do you use a base coat?
You need to use a basecoat. They are turning yellow because you have skipped using a basecoat. Try it.
Usually when that happends to me, it is because the nail polish I was wearing wasn't made very well. If you want to get rid of it just buff your nails and it should be fine.
i think it's cus the polish locks oils in and out of your nails. so without those oils they become brittle almost stale
  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment